About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Providence Canyon State Park, Georgia


The brochure from the tourist information intrigued us: Providence Canyon is known as Georgia's "Little Grand Canyon." Its 150 feet deep gullies were caused by poor farming practices during the 1800s. The canyon soils' pink, orange, red and purple hues make a beautiful natural pictures.



We started walking on the rim trail near the picnic areas,


and then we hiked down into the canyons to its sandy floor with a thin layer of water.
There are five canyons at the bottom and we took the easiest today, Canyon 2.

No comments: