About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

 The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary ResultsThe One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This ebook was downloaded to my Nook library when it was offered for free from Barnes and Noble several years ago. I chose it because I enjoy motivational self-help books.
This book has some truthiness to it. "Over time, myths and mistruths get thrown around so often they eventually feel familiar and start to sound like the truth." Like all good advice books, the advice will work only if it becomes a consistent part of your day. The main question to be asked for this book is "What is the One thing I can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?"
The author also discusses creating a time block on your calendar or schedule to do the One thing.
I recommend this book for all readers who enjoy this genre.


View all my reviews

No comments: