About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

The Promise of Dawn (Under Northern Skies Book #1)The Promise of Dawn by Lauraine Snelling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I ordered this book for Dad as soon as I heard it was released, for he thoroughly enjoys the books Snelling writes about the Bjorklund family. This story is about Norwegian cousins who will settle in Minnesota. My Kindle copy was available as a matchbook.
I enjoyed the story; but there were moments when I felt Snelling was relying too much on the details of how to do tasks like washing the butter or keeping the fire in the stove the right temperature for the work of boiling enough water, and every other household chore to stifle the words of frustration that these immigrants felt for working off their debt to their relatives.
I recommend this book to fans of this author, and I eagerly anticipate the second book in this series/


View all my reviews

No comments: