About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Miller's ValleyMiller's Valley by Anna Quindlen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book will be the May selection for my book club. I anticipate the members will have a lively discussion for I am excited about Quindlen's proficiency with the craft of writing and storytelling.
When I was a teenager there were many newspaper accounts of meetings about a proposed dam 40 miles from my hometown. The dam was finally built in 1974, and Brookville Lake, Indiana was formed. I remember riding with my parents through the area which would become a drowned town, and I imagined how sad some people would be, would scuba divers ever go through a steepled church, and how it might look. The book ends 50 years later, and I know that 44 years is enough time for some people to think the lake was always there.
I recommend this book for all readers.


View all my reviews

No comments: