About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Thirteenth Tale

The Thirteenth Tale The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The story was creepy and the family history of the twins was weird enough to give me shivers--Just what you want in a gothic novel! The author does an excellent job of pacing and revealing just enough information with Vida Winter's storytelling. The author pauses to give Margaret Lea time to reflect and and make notes and this feels as if it were a shared conversation about what we were both told.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: