About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, June 04, 2010

Drive Time Drive Time by Hank Phillippi Ryan
Drive Time is the most recent book of a four-volume series and the premise of the series has the legs for a long run. Our heroine has reasons to investigate and expose as she is an Emmy-winning investigative reporter for a Boston-area TV station and her reputation is only as good as her last story. The investigated stories in each book are topical and educate the reader. In this most recent book, the reader wonders if the crimes of stealing air bags and cloning VIN numbers could be happening locally. Not only does the reader have a concern about crime; but, flaws within government bureacracy are revealed: why does NHTSA not coordinate its databases of recalls and repairs-done-in-response-to-recalls to help consumers know the repair status of second-hand or rental cars.
A personal life for Charlotte MacNally develops and continues with every book. She deveolps trust with some co-workers and tries to hid her contempt for others. She wonders how she will ever have family life when she has a job with the motto, "There are no weekends in journalism." Charlotte's concerns are recognizable by most adults today.
I highly recommend this series for readers of cozy mysteries.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars


View all my reviews >>

No comments: