About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Canterbury Tales (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer

My comments are concerned with reading this as an ebook on Nook. When I changed the font size, the hardcover book design with Modern English text page opposite the Old English text page, no longer worked. I had to put my thumb by the line that reverted back to Old English, click forward once or even twice, and look for the line that switched to Modern English which was usually close to where my thumb was. This interruption of the reading flow was an irritation. Another irritation was not all the words I looked up were in my Nook dictionary so I found them in my desk copy of the dictionary. Reading footnotes which are at the end of the book are also easier to do with a hardcover book.



If anyone knows how I could have more easily handled these concerns, please comment.

As for the Tales, it is good to know that a nearly 650-year-old fart story can still make me laugh.



View all my reviews

No comments: