About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, June 17, 2011

The Perfect Heresy : The Revolutionary Life and Death of the Medieval CatharsThe Perfect Heresy : The Revolutionary Life and Death of the Medieval Cathars by Stephen O'Shea

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This book contains the notes, selected biography and index that reflect the amount of scholarship that went into the writing of this book. The narrative is compelling enough to read all of the book. If you are only interested in why Languedoc-Rossillon tourisme says, Bienvenue en Pays Cathare, then reading the introduction and epilogue may be sufficient to separate history from souvenir-vendor hype.



View all my reviews

No comments: