About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, April 05, 2014

Canadian Rockies Access GuideCanadian Rockies Access Guide by John Dodd
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I chose this book because I wanted more information about sights and trails in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park. Information about other parks are included.

The book is well-organized and contains sufficient information about the location of trailheads. Descriptions of the trails include what to look for when the trail turns or has a junction. Length of trail, change in elevation, rating of the trail from easy to strenuous, and the typical time required to hike the trail are included. Information about shuttle bus is included. There are maps and pictures. Sections about rainy day activities are included.

I recommend it for readers who are planning their vacation. The description of the trails makes me wish I had more time scheduled in these two National Parks.



View all my reviews

No comments: