About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, July 10, 2015

The North Woods (Time-Life American Wilderness Series)The North Woods by Percy Knauth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is part of the American Wilderness series on my shelf in my home library.  I always enjoyed the pictures, and now I take time to read the text.
...we lived like deer or loons, measuring our days by the sun, eating when we were hungry, falling asleep when we were tired, waking up when we had slept enough.  There is no better restorative for a mind and body wearied by the pace of civilized living.

I recommend this to all readers.


View all my reviews

No comments: