About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, June 22, 2020

Pandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and BeyondPandemic: Tracking Contagions, from Cholera to Ebola and Beyond by Sonia Shah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I heard an author interview in 2020 promoting her next book. I heard this interview during the COVID-19 Pandemic. It seemed like NOW was the time I should be reading this book. I just had to wait until my library had curbside pickup for the requested hardcover books.
Shah does not predict this particular novel corona virus. She explains history of past epidemics and how our human behaviors keep us from learning to be as prepared as we might need to be. She addresses wrong information, complacency, irrational fear, and indifference which are some behaviors I observed and did not understand.


View all my reviews

No comments: