About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, March 25, 2022

Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of IndulgenceDopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence by Anna Lembke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This has given me insights into such habits before the Pandemic: overeating and binging on chocolate; having so many books on my currently-reading shelf; and downloading as many free books as possible. It has given me insights why during the Pandemic those unhealthful habits were reinforced and were joined by the overconsumption of ordering art supplies online. It is to be hoped that abstinence from chocolate and experimenting with self-binding techniques and mindful meditation will help me find a better balance in the way forward.

View all my reviews

No comments: