About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, July 08, 2023

Downsizing With Family History in MindDownsizing With Family History in Mind by Devon Noel Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I downsized 6 years ago, I moved bins of journals, boxes of framed photos, and albums of photos, with the expectation of "doing something" that will make sense of all of it. This book helped me speed up my work flow with what the author calls the "process." Before I read the book, I had removed photos from frames and scanned them, moving the files into chronological ordered folders. My family had 138 albums of photos from film which are now in processing with the end goal to have annual photobooks. Photobooks will be easier to share with grandchildren than the heavy 3 ring binders which needed curated to tell better stories.
I am recommending this book for my genealogy club to host a discussion for all members of this 55+ community during family history month.

View all my reviews

No comments: