About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Comments from Julie, Greg and Taylor

I learned more about my family when I told them about the great time Host and I had on a vacation trip to Chicago.
Second Cousin Julie wrote, "Did you not love Wicked? Tom and I went to Chicago this past Jan. and also went to see Wicked. Chicago is a great city to visit. We are planning another trip there at Christmas time to see all the lights. We may take the train next time."
I enjoy hearing that someone else I know enjoys theater productions so I asked Julie if she goes to the theater productions in the capital city closest to her.
"Yes, we try to make it to a show now and then. It is hard these days with having children and trying to find a sitter. " Julie continues to write about her recent family vacation. "We went this past weekend to Wisconsin Dells to the Kalahari Indoor Water park Resort. Oh MY!!!!!! It's Huge! These place has it all. What a great place to take the kids too. Also, we ate at a german restaurant downtown Mmmmmmm Good!It was quite cool up there. We saw some snow just north of Chicago on the rooftops. I'm not ready for that yet."

When I mentioned that we had lunch with one of Host's cousins, my First Cousin Greg wrote, "I work in Chicago during the week and stay right off of Michigan Avenue. My account is PepsiCo and I work in one of the towers right next to the Sears Tower. I think Chicago is a great place and have been thinking of selling my house and buying a condo around the Near North."
First Cousin Greg elaborates on the business traveling he does, "I fly weekly. But not always to Chicago. Frito lay is owned by Pepsi and their HQ is outside of Dallas. So I just returned from a two week visit there on Friday. Sunday I flew back to Chicago. I do add up a lot of points on Hotels and flights. I haven't paid for a personal hotel room or a flight in years. One of the benefits of being a frequent traveler. I also like the fact that I have clean sheets everynight. It kind of spoils me." He closes with, "Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and please tell everyone I say "Hi" whenever you see them."


I asked Nephew Taylor what he had to say about his college experience as a freshman.
"It's like the 13th grade sometimes, but there are more vending machines."

No comments: