About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Uncle Cecil recuperates from surgery

Uncle Cecil had cataract surgery.
Aunt Carolyn writes:Thanks for Uncle Cecil's get-well card. He is doing fine. He can't play tennis yet and is going stir-crazy, but other than that OK. He is anxious to get new glasses.
We only had three and a half Trick or Treaters last night. The half was a very young one that a grandpa was carrying. They wouldn't let him have a treat, so Grandpa took one instead. He said the young one was "in training" for next year. His older brother was with them (2 years old). Those with our two neighbor children that live behind us were all we had. Fortunately, I hadn't bought a lot of stuff. It was a miserable night.
We worked in the yard today through rain, sleet, etc. We were warmly dressed and had on hoods. Cec mulched the leaves with the lawn mower. Sure beats raking.

No comments: