About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Alamo Story: From Early History to Current ConflictsAlamo Story: From Early History to Current Conflicts by J. R. Edmondson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is readable and entertaining history.
I wept with emotion when I read the chapter, Sunday, March 6, 1836: The Last Day.
I appreciate the sections titled, Myths, Mysteries, and Misconceptions at the end of the four sections of the book for the author explained how undocumented information was introduced to the public and repeated until we believe it to be true. He also explains how some authors devalued these heroes with cynicsm. "In that cynical new age, publishers encouraged controversy, and writers wanted to be published."
This book contains a 7-page bibliography.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: