About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Memoirs of My Life and Times Memoirs of My Life and Times by John Fremont


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
"This book belongs on the shelves of historians" was a statement I read from a review about a different biography, and it also suits this book. The memoirs of J.C. Fremont is important for historians,and I don't want to take anything away from the importance of keeping his memoirs in print. However, I am a casual historian at best; and, I wanted to read this for entertainment to learn more about this man who lived in interesting times and places.
This is a 654-page book about his three journeys of Western Exploration from 1842-1847, and I hoped the 654-pages would be about his entire life from 1813-1890.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: