About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Lewis & ClarkLewis & Clark by Stephen E. Ambrose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is another book from my National Geographic Society shelf.
The author is Stephen E. Ambrose, who wrote Undaunted Courage. The subtitle is Voyage of Discovery. Ambrose becomes our travel guide who interprets the history for us and he tells the tales of how this epic journey influenced Ambrose's family in our modern era. He introduces us to local historians and guides.
The photographs are by Sam Abell, and I continue to admire his his work.
I encourage all readers to put this on your want-to-read list.

View all my reviews

No comments: