About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth, #14)Death of a Scriptwriter by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was given to me by my aunt after she read it. This is #14 of the Hamish Macbeth mystery series.

The big question is what happens to a mystery writer when her books are out of print because they are out of fashion and outdated. A television production company wants to buy production rights, but neglects to tell the author they will update the book and add some racy, sexy scenes. The author's plot line and pacing kept me reading to the end of the book.

While it is fourteenth in the series, it can stand alone as a cozy mystery. I recommend it to readers who enjoy that genre.

View all my reviews

No comments: