About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Adventures of Tom SawyerThe Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was time for a re-reading of a favorite of mine to see if this might be appropriate for an 8-year old grandson who is reading his way through Harry Potter books. I think his skill level is up to it; but I'm not sure a 21st century boy would believe any child could have as much freedom from adult supervision and organized activities as this 19th century boy had. This book might be good for an opportunity to compare and contrast.
I still admire Tom's ingenuity and creativity.
I recommend it for all readers to read and re-read.

View all my reviews

No comments: