About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, October 19, 2018

The DASH Diet for Beginners Essentials to Get StartedThe DASH Diet for Beginners Essentials to Get Started by John Chatham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I borrowed this book on my library's Hoopla app to get started with the DASH diet as I learn to follow this way of eating because I must limit my sodium intake to below 2000mg as my body heals from open heart surgery which replaced my aortic valve. It was easy to start this diet because I had little appetite while my body detoxified from the anesthesia and pain medications. Applesauce and oatmeal was enough of a choice at the beginning. As my appetite increased after I returned home, my husband learned that "What ever you want to cook" has always been a lousy answer to the cook's question, "What do you think we should have for our next meal?" Chapter 11 has a 7-day menu to help you start deciding what you want to cook.
This book has a list of food which are allowed and not allowed to help make a grocery list to replenish a pantry. There are 4 chapters of new-to me recipes: appetizer and snack; breakfast; lunch; dinner; and dessert.
I recommend this book to all readers. This way of eating has been good for us.


View all my reviews

No comments: