About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, December 31, 2018

Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning Strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive (Mental Mastery Book 1)Unlimited Memory: How to Use Advanced Learning Strategies to Learn Faster, Remember More and be More Productive by Kevin Horsley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I downloaded this for free reading with my Amazon Prime membership when it was available. I give this book five stars because it asked the simple question, "What excuses are you going to make for not using the information that you are going to learn?" Wow, light-bulb moment for me as I listed the excuses and realized the truth of his challenge that they are the same excuses I use every time to stop myself from learning any thing new. His challenge is true, especially when I doubt if this information will be different from previous attempts.
I can recite the names of all 45 presidents, and not just the 12 he starts us with. I am still working on the number method and card method. Yes, I still have to ask some people to remind me of their names because I did not use enough of Horsley's techniques to make their face and name sufficiently memorable. I still sometimes have to ask my husband if he knows where my (shoes, glasses, water bottle) are because I was inattentive when I set them down.
I recommend this book for any one who has an interest in this subject.


View all my reviews

No comments: