About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Works of Gene Stratton-PorterWorks of Gene Stratton-Porter by Gene Stratton-Porter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My lower rating is for this edition in my Nook because the last page is 2,099 and it stops before the end of Her Father's Daughter. I have been reading for six months, and the ebook is incomplete.
I currently live in Indiana, and I wanted to read the books by this Hoosier author. This collection does have the complete novels of At the Foot of the Rainbow, A Daughter of the Land, Freckles, A girl of the Limberlost, and The Harvester. The ones I read were published more than 100 years ago so the style is often dated because it is much slower and the culture she represents has changed so much. As I was reading Her Father's Daughter with Linda's opinions about the threats of the Yellow Menace (and she includes the Brown and the Black,) I considered that was first published four or five generations ago, and it is currently "politically incorrect."


View all my reviews

No comments: