About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying UpSpark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up by Marie Kondō
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished listening to Marie Kondo's audiobook in 2015, and went through with my clothes, books, and paper before LIFE got in the road. I started reading this book on November 27, 2016, about the time my husband and I decided to consider selling our home of 40-years and downsizing to a smaller home. We donated or discarded things that we would not need in 2017 and used 2 storage units to hold stuff we imagined would be useful in our new home or stuff that was sentimental and I could not make a decision to let go. We moved into our new home in June 2017. We found homes for everything, even the "sentimental" stuff stored in boxes on shelving units in the garage. I loaned this book to two other readers during that time.
I started reading this again in Dec 2018 as I want to finish all the tidying up before our community has a May 2019 garage sale--even the sentimental stuff-- and let go of sentimental papers and other stuff that I no longer need in my present life as I make room for new hobbies and activities.
I highly recommend all readers read both books and follow Kondo's system. I also found helpful a Facebook group that invites members who have read the book and want to discuss their success or seeks answers to problems they encounter.


View all my reviews

No comments: