About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Unexpectedly, MiloUnexpectedly, Milo by Matthew Dicks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was given to me by my aunt years ago as part of a family book exchange, and I had never started it before now. The character Milo will stay with me for quite awhile because he made me think about the distinctive pop from and grape fragrance when you open a jar of Welch's grape jelly; I searched for a Youtube video of Nena singing, 99 Luftballons, and I wondered what movies I might watch repeatedly for reasons of my own.
My favorite quote from the book is, "All of this encouragement to be yourself and find your own way was meaningless to those beyond the curve of normality."
I recommend it to readers who enjoyed Turtles All the Way Down.


View all my reviews

No comments: