About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, November 09, 2020

Red HeartRed Heart by James Alexander Thom
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has been in my hardcover home library for a long time. It could have been there since 1997.
It is a well-written, well-researched historical fiction based on the real-life of Frances Slocum who was taken by Lenapeh Indians from her Quaker family to replace a murdered daughter. Her journey began in the Wilkes-Barre region of Pennsylvania and ends in the state of Indiana, just a 70-minute car ride from where I currently live. There is a Frances Slocum State Recreation Area where a reservoir currently floods the land she owned.
I highly recommend this book to readers of history.

View all my reviews

No comments: