About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, November 03, 2006

News from my friend Barb

Barb writes: Ron and I spent part of last week with [their daughter] Jenny. We went up to Chicago for a day and visited Shedd aquarium and Navy Pier. It was overcast and windy that day so we didn't spend a lot of time outside. I guess we need to go back when the weather is better. Ron and I had never been to downtown Chicago - just the suburbs when Jenny was bowling in college.
We had several inches of snow overnight - lake effect. We've had flurries several times already but this was the first accumulation. We've had the furnace guy and the fireplace guy out this week getting ready for winter.

No comments: