About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bearers of the Black Staff (Legends of Shannara, #1)Bearers of the Black Staff by Terry Brooks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Just when I thought The Gypsy Morph was the end of a prequel series, Terry Brooks manages to start another series, Legends of Shannara, which explains even more about how Shannara came into being.



I don't think fans of Terry Brooks will be disappointed, and this book can be an introduction to his books for new readers. This book is fast-paced, plot-driven with interesting characters. Some of the characters explain their genealogy to connect this book to The Gypsy Morph, and it sets up the connection to The Measure of Magic, which I eagerly anticipate.



View all my reviews

No comments: