About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, April 01, 2011

AmazonAmazon by Tom Sterling

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Another book of the series rates 5 stars because I like the text as much as I like the pictures. I learned a lot about why the forests of the Amazon are different from forests in temperate climates, and this information explains why we North Americans or Europeans can't make assumptions about soil fertility based on what we may know about forestry close to home. This book gave more information about its indigenous people than other books in this series, and I appreciate that.



View all my reviews

No comments: