About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Park Profiles: Grand Canyon Country (Park Profiles)Park Profiles: Grand Canyon Country by National Geographic Society

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The over 100 full-color photographs deserve the four-star rating. The book also promises firsthand information plus detailed maps. My edition is copyrighted in 1991, and often the text revealed itself to be twenty-years outdated during the firsthand anecdotes and discussions of land-use management. The detailed maps may indicate highways and points of interest; but, they are inadequate for visitors to the area.

I think this book makes a better souvenir for its photos than a book to help plan a vacation.



View all my reviews

No comments: