About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ten Who DaredTen Who Dared by Desmond Wilcox

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The eleven profiled subjects are Christopher Columbus, Francisco Pizarro, James Cook, Alexander von Humboldt, Jedediah Smith, Robert Burke and William Wills, Henry Morton Stanley, Charles M. Doughty, Mary Kingsley, and Roald Amundsen. Robert Burke and William Wills were in the same expedition to travel through the middle of Australia from south to north. A Chronology of Exploration and Bibliography may lead you to more information.



View all my reviews

No comments: