About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

RetirementologyRetirementology by Gregory Salsbury

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I gave it two stars because I don't like non-fiction authors who make up words to get their point across. He does have a glossary for those words; but using those words would only hamper your communication with financial planners and family members who have not read the book.

He introduces some information from the new area of study known as behavioral finance to tell us why we are often our own worst enemy. Procrastination is the most common problem. Start saving early and save as much as you can for we will need a lot more money than we think we will. Taxes and healthcare costs will become bigger parts of your retirement, big enough to cause number numbness.

If you have not read any books about saving for retirement, this may be a good place to start. If you have read others, this is not the place to find suggestions for how to get that 5% return on bonds and 12% return on equities in order to withdraw 4% of your portfolio which is a template so many planners used for calculations.





View all my reviews

No comments: