About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Child of the Northern SpringChild of the Northern Spring by Persia Woolley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I might not have heard of this book if it were not for Free Fridays from Barnes and Noble.

I read it because I enjoy historical fiction, and this book is the first of a trilogy from Guinevere's story. This first novel is the story of her wedding procession from Rheged to where she will wed the High King Arthur. Her early childhood is told in flashbacks. The facts are well-researched. The narrative holds the reader's interest.

I recommend it to readers who enjoy historical fiction or Arthurian tales.

This book and its sequels are no longer free from Barnes and Noble.



View all my reviews

No comments: