About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Conquerors, a NarrativeThe Conquerors, a Narrative by Allan W. Eckert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Conquerors has been on my history shelf as part of Allan W. Eckert's "The Winning of America" series.
As with other books written by Eckert, the historical narrative is well-documented and well-explained with his Amplification Notes.
This is the story of Pontiac's uprising, the siege of Fort Detroit, and attacks on traders and settlers who lived in present-day New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Ohio during the years of 1758-1769.
I recommend it to adult readers with the warning it details horrible violence.

View all my reviews

No comments: