About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, October 06, 2012

County LineCounty Line by Bill Cameron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a Free Friday downloadable selection available from Barnes and Noble, and it was no longer free at the time of this review.
This reader was quickly pulled into the noir world of Skin Kadash of Portland, Oregon who is willing to travel to California for a clue about the whereabouts of a woman Skin knows. Just when I'm settling into a noir mystery into the exotic locales of Portland and San Francisco, I was jolted by the clue that everything you need to know happened on Preble County Line Road. What?!! Preble County Line Road is less than a mile from my house!
Well, the exact location is a little farther from my house and school district; but Skin has to travel to Farmersville and Valley View High School. Then the chapters switch to flashbacks out of chronological order.
I recommend this to readers of noir mystery, even if you don't live near Preble County Line Road.

View all my reviews

No comments: