About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

The Sword of Shannara (Shannara, #1)The Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was published 35 years ago, and a current project of mine is to read all 25 books of the Shannara series in the chronological order of their events.

This is the book that started the series, and it is the book that opened the publishing genre of fantasy when the publisher thought there might be a market for readers who enjoyed Tolkein and wanted more fantasy quests.
I enjoy the characters Brooks creates and Brooks does an excellent job of writing battle scenes.
I give it five stars for it can be enjoyed by multi-generational readers without feeling dated.

View all my reviews

No comments: