About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Dark Wraith of Shannara (Shannara, #3.25)Dark Wraith of Shannara by Terry Brooks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Dark Wraith of Shannara is a graphic novel, in the chronological Shannara order after Indomitable. So far, I have read sixteen books in my project to read the Shannara books in their chronological order, with ten from our home library to go before I start buying any of the current Dark Legacy of Shannara trilogy.

If I liked graphic novels better than I do, I might rate this story of Jair Ohmsford's third quest higher than the three stars. Character development is hard to accomplish in graphic novels, so the only new character introduced is the mercenary witch who works for the mwellrets. I wonder how many fans of graphic novels overcame their intimidation by long text to become readers of the series.

I recommend it for fans of graphic novels and fans of the Shannara series.

View all my reviews

No comments: