About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Don't Know Much About Mythology: Everything You Need to Know About the Greatest Stories in Human History but Never LearnedDon't Know Much About Mythology: Everything You Need to Know About the Greatest Stories in Human History but Never Learned by Kenneth C. Davis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I downloaded this ebook as a free offering from Barnes and Noble Nook store.

I liked that this book gave me an opportunity to read the mythologies from some cultures I was not familiar; and at the same time, I disliked when Davis often lumped together too many cultures simply because they were on the same continent. I disliked the digressions made to show similarities with other cultures for the digressions slowed the pace of the narrative to the point this reader lost interest. I did not like when he classified former religions as mythologies for his tone became condesending, and maybe disrespectful.

I recommend this book for its bibliography.

View all my reviews

No comments: