About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-EatThe Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like books about small town life and close relationships with friends with lots of humor. I also like writers who make commonplace things magical with the words used to describe them. Here is a favorite quote from the book:
I was free to appreciate the quiet and the way the yellowish-gray light of the rising sun entered the room, turning everything from black and white to color. The journey from Kansas to Oz right in my own kitchen.

I recommend it to readers who also enjoy Fannie Flagg's books and Jan Karon's books.


View all my reviews

No comments: