About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Last Man in TowerLast Man in Tower by Aravind Adiga
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I recommend this book as a book club choice because it makes you want to talk about it with others who have read it. There is imagery you want to discuss; there are characters you want to discuss; and there are themes you want to discuss. The theme of greed and choices the characters make is most obvious.
If you find the first part of the book moves too slowly for you, please continue. It is a choice the author makes for the pacing and it is necessary to create the tension that does not let you put the last half down until you finish it.

View all my reviews

No comments: