About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, May 24, 2013

Lies, Damned Lies, and ScienceLies, Damned Lies, and Science by Sherry Seethaler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was free when I downloaded it from BN.com.
In less than 200 pages, Seethaler teaches her readers to better understand what information might be missing from a news story about scientific results and also about the governmental policies affecting innovation. She hopes to have us better engaged in forming opinions, instead of ignoring information just because stakeholders may want to manipulate our opinions. While this is a book about science, its information is helpful in sorting through advertisements and political haranguing.
I recommend it to all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: