About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Scions of Shannara (Heritage of Shannara, #1)The Scions of Shannara by Terry Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A current project of mine is to read the Shannara books in their chronological order; and while this is Book One of The Heritage of Shannara, it is the fifteenth book I read. It had been unread, on our household bookshelves, since Don purchased it when it was published in 1991. Don likes to own all the books in a series before he reads them. With yet another two books due to be published in 2013, I think he better finish the ones he owns before additional books have to be double-layered on the Shannara shelf.
Terry Brooks created the Shannara world and he does an excellent job of filling it with stories of the Ohmsford descendants who have quests to fulfill. Shannara has become its own niche in the fantasy genre.
I recommend it to fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: