About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow: A Novel of Bright's PondThe Prayers of Agnes Sparrow: A Novel of Bright's Pond by Joyce Magnin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Prayers of Agnes Sparrow was free when I downloaded it to my Nook from BN.com. I enjoy the opportunity to read new-to-me authors.

It may be classified as Christian fiction, but I did not find it to be preachy. It is set in a small town in western Pennsylvania where church activities contribute to the social activities of the townspeople. Church is not the only place for social interaction for there is the Full Moon Diner, town hall meetings, and the library.
It is a quick and enjoyable read with two major twists I did not expect.

I recommend this to readers who enjoy the works of Jan Karon and Fannie Flagg.

View all my reviews

No comments: