About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, November 29, 2013

The RacketeerThe Racketeer by John Grisham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Racketeer is a book that makes a circuit in our family, after Dad reads his gift, Mom reads it, me, and then my daughter, and so on for we all enjoy the books by John Grisham.

Some of have remarked it was hard to get into and it did not have us grabbed by the end of the first chapter. I blame the first person narration that starts this book, and the reader is uncertain how reliable the narrator is. Building trust between the reader and the narrator takes several chapters until the reader can, at least, trust this narrator to spin a good story.

I recommend this book to fans of John Grisham and the legal thriller genre.

View all my reviews

No comments: