About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Witness (Shield of Honor, #1)The Witness by Dee Henderson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Witness was free from Barnes and Noble when I downloaded it to my Nook library. The start was suspenseful and I had high hopes for this suspenseful mystery. My rating declined all the way to two stars for it was uneven as it switched to and from mystery, romance, and professing a Christian faith just to make sure it had each of these genres covered. Two big annoyances for me were (1) the use of the names Amy, Amanda, and Mandy to name the same character even after her identity was established, and (2) the use of the terms flashbulb and flashbulb poppings at a time when professional photographers who hoped to sell candid photos would be more likely to use electronic flash units.
If you have not read it yet and are not yet fans of the works of Dee Henderson, don't start with The Witness.

View all my reviews

No comments: