About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global CrisisCurrency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis by James Rickards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I heard about this book and its sequel The Death of Money from an interview video, and the topic interested me as I am always interested in an explanation of economic policies that seem to be harmful to my self and other family members. This economic part of our history interests me as I try to understand what type of conditions my ancestors lived in when they had to make decisions to seek other opportunities. No, this book does not closely cover the topics of what happened to individuals. Instead it covers the topics of what happens to governments and trade between nations. It discusses international monetary systems that collapsed in 1914, 1939, and 1971 and the patches used to restore the availability of trusted money. Rickard believes the U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve need to work more closely with the national security community to help the country prepare for what may be ahead.
I recommend this book to readers who have an interest in economics and history.




View all my reviews

No comments: