About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Someday List (Jubuliant Soul #1)The Someday List by Stacy Hawkins Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble to my Nook library. I appreciate the opportunity to read new-to-me authors in a favorite genre.
This book belongs to the genre of Christian fiction. Its characters are African-American, and that puts this book in a sub-genre where I don't normally read. The storyline and characters held my interest all the way to the end of the book. I don't think any non-Christians would be disappointed by this book because it does not proselytize directly to the reader. The Biblical references seem to come from characters who are active Christians who understand the characters to whom they are giving advice are characters who do not want to be preached to or judged.
I recommend it to all readers who enjoy Christian fiction. There are discussion questions at the end of the book if you want to recommend this to a reading group.








View all my reviews

No comments: