About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

World Made by HandWorld Made by Hand by James Howard Kunstler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I borrowed this book from the library. It has been on my to-read list since 2009 when it was a NY Times Bestseller.
I find it interesting that many dystopian novels written for Young Adults have themes about throwing off control of oppressive government regimes and a theme for this book is about establishing "normalcy" and civil order as one man and then a community seeks to find justice for a murder. I found it interesting to wonder just how I might live in this world of a diminished population, no electricity, and a barter system. My current water supply relies on a pump to reach an underground aquifer, and the author mentions how this no longer worked.
I recommend this book for all readers.

View all my reviews

No comments: