About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, June 29, 2015

 Urban Wilds (Time-Life American Wilderness Series)Urban Wilds by Ogden Tanner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is part of the series "The American Wilderness" to which I subscribed during the 1970s and it has its own shelf in our home library.  I'm taking the time to read the text of these books instead of only enjoying the pictures.
This book describes the natural areas around New York city and New Jersey.  I enjoyed Tanners text about areas I have not yet visited.  I thought perhaps additional urban wild areas might be discussed, and so I gave it only 4 stars.  I still recommend it for all armchair travelers.


View all my reviews

No comments: