About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Open: How We’ll Work Live and Learn In The FutureOpen: How We’ll Work Live and Learn In The Future by David  Price
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This ebook was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library.
I recommend it to all readers who are aware of change, and who are trying to keep up with change because our "learning lies in the telling of the story."
These are some take-aways for me:
"...while the social value of knowledge would soar, ...its economic value would plummet."
The five core beliefs for hacks are sharing, openness, decentralization, free access to computers, and world improvement.
The six imperatives of social learning are:
1. Do it yourself.
2. Do it now.
3. Do it with friends.
4. Do unto others.
5. Do it for fun
6. Do it for the world to see.


View all my reviews

No comments: